Sunday, October 31, 2010

Stressed, Refressed, and (unfortunately) Restressed

My slow decent from observation to being the one in charge at my internship recently turned into a mad downhill avalanche. I now, officially, have my first full case load! It includes: 5 individuals, 5 groups, 1 general edu music class, general band, steel drum band, chorus, and teaching trumpet, percussion, and steel drum lessons. The groups happen anywhere from once to three times a week. Needless to say, I'm slightly overwhelmed and stressed. Thankfully, my supervisors and fellow interns are awesome, and I truly enjoy what I do, otherwise I might be going a little nuts. Wait, who am I fooling, I am going a little nuts haha. So, yes, between learning new songs for my sessions, coming up with ways to keep my students engaged, learning how to actually play the instruments I'm giving lessons for, doing paperwork, and sleeping and eating, my life has gotten pretty busy.
Last weekend though, I was able to escape for a couple of days and drive down to South Bend, Indian for my cousin Jenna's wedding. It was SO GREAT to get to be with my family, even if only for roughly 48 hours. There was a ton of great people, food, and ridiculously corny jokes (made by my father of course) that I laughed way to hard at. The wedding was absolutely beautiful!!! It was at the Basilica on the Notre Dame campus. Here are some of my fav pics from the weekend. 

The Basilica ceiling, gorgeous!

My aunt and uncle watching their daughter get married :)

Two very studly men I found outside of the church

Me and my big bro!

The front doors of the Basilica

Our happy little Fort family
 We had a blast the entire weekend. One of the coolest things about the wedding was that the priest who married them, Father Steve Titus is actually our like 3rd cousin or something along those lines. He did an amazing job! He was super down to earth and relaxed and helped to keep the stress level down. One of the many highlights of the weekend was watching him contort his at least 6'4 self into my tiny car and refuse to scoot the seat back. I was laughing to the point of tears. Another highlight was getting to dance to "Super Freak" with my parents and aunt Linda and uncle Scotty at the reception. Now that's not something I could have ever imagined occurring in my lifetime haha, but I won't be forgetting it anytime soon haha. 
Now it's unfortunately back to the grind, planning, and practicing, and replanning. Thankfully, I have a group of friends coming in this weekend so I have some motivation to get things done so I can fully enjoy them being here! Also, I see that they are predicting the first snowfall for this coming Saturday, so there are bright visions of mittens and snowmen and hot coco in my future:)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for hot cocoa!! Tylena has been downing the stuff like it's the nectar of life!!

    ReplyDelete