Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blog Slacker

Soooooo as of late, I've been told by various people, using varying terms, that I am what I fear. A blog slacker. I mean, seeing as I didn't even post in December, they were basically stating the obvious ha. So here I am, in the first week of January posting it up! Look at me go! All 3 of you reading this are so excited I know it!!! My Christmas break was fantastically too short. I filled it with my three favorite "f's"- family, friends, and food, with a side of sleep. I was in Springfield, MO a couple days at my bro's, who is actually quite the host. 
My pops, dog Roxy, and I just chillin gangsta style at my bro's
We sung down to Branson for my mom's bday, had a blast watching some Chinese acrobatics, which my mom attempted to replicate later that evening :) 
My mommie and I on her bday in Branson
I kicked my brother's butt at Wii bowling. I think this is my first ever documented victory over him in all of my 24 years. 
Of course I took a pic of the score board.
He's really good at winning. Except when it come's to Catch Phrase. Next we journeyed across the great state of Kansas to U-town where I saturated my self in Mexican food from El Ranchito, my favorite place to eat when I go home. The rest of the time I pretty much sat in my dad's huge recliner with my mom's new electric blanket while my parents ran around and took care of me, gloriousness. So good to be home with my amazing family. I hitched a ride with the awesome Romero family up to Kansas City. I bonded with the family by singing 70's songs with Major Romero :) and poking Kit over and over in the back seat for 7+ hours. Once I got to KC, I was on a mission to see as many people as I could in about 72 hours, and I think I did a pretty good job! I got to breakfast with the fabulous Meredith Henderson, who was just about to leave for her internship in Iowa City (where's she's gonna be amazing). So great to catch up with someone with the same passion as me! I headed down to the Roasterie, one of the best places in all of KC, and had coffee with the one and only Mackenzie Gamble. She has the uncanny ability to make me feel extremely important and encouraged every time I talk to her. Love that girl. It was New Years Eve so I crashed a party full of fabulous people, some I knew from church, and some that were gracious enough to let me join and occasionally laugh at my jokes :) Later that night (or more like early the next morning) I got to pick on Kit a little bit more, which always puts a smile on my face. New Years day I grabbed lunch with one of the people I've known the longest in KC, Christina Munford. I truly appreciate people like her. We always have great conversation, she gives me like 12 new artist to listen to that I always love, and most of all, when we talk, she genuinely listens. People that listen are hard to come by these days! Later, I journeyed back to the Roasterie for a LONG overdue reunion with Lauren Hays. It was so great to hear all about her life and her ministry with Campus Crusade in Orlando, and it was also great to rock out to Katy Perry's 'Firework' in her mom's awesome car haha. That night I got to spend some quality time with my old roomie Kasha Seaver, felt sooooo good to just hang out and do nothing with her like we used too probably too frequently. We watched 'Salt'. It was just as disappointing as I expected. We finished out the night at the Flying Saucer with some more great friends and great salsa (that ended up all over my shirt, surprise surprise). I couldn't leave KC with out having some quality Leah Fields time, so we grabbed coffee before church. I'm telling you, that girl is like a breath of fresh air, you talk to her and instantly feel relaxed. We got to talk about her wedding just a tiny bit, and I'm soooooo excited for her, it's gonna be amazing! And then I got to go a little bit of church and had to jet to the airport (get it, jet). So now you know what I mean when I say fantastically too short. And I didn't even get to mention all the places I crashed each night haha. But it really was a great little break. And now I'm back to the real world and tons and tons of papers to avoid. Oh well, if I ever need a pick me up I just look at this picture. Happy Holidays everyone.
Travis. Please don't kill me.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like you just told a story with the equivalent feeling of Around the World in 8 minutes (or 80 days... whatever).

    ReplyDelete