Thursday, March 17, 2011

So I Truly Am A Blog Slacker....

I'm really not good at keeping up with this thing am I? Apologies to all those who asked me to write it so that they could keep up with me while I'm out east, I'm failing miserably. But, the good thing is that the reason I haven't posted in so long is that I've been busy, and not just with school work....I HAVE FRIENDS haha. But seriously, it's great to have people to hang out with on the weekends and things to do. It's especially for when I'm avoiding all the work I have, because when I'm home alone, I really have no excuse :) February was fabulous! We finally had out Blacklight Show at school, which we've been rehearsing the kids for since about Thanksgiving, and it was sooooooo great! I had a week off for February break, something that I think should catch on in the Midwest for sure. The beautiful, talented, and lovely Ms. Chloie Asbury came to visit, and we had an awesome time! Pictured below are some of our gully travels....

We went to CANADA!!! Ok, so we only just crossed the border to look at Niagara Falls, but it was still exciting!

Told ya she was beautiful! Starbucks is gonna steal this pic and ppl will be rushing the doors

I got jiggy wit it. Typical.

We made my first ever pie. It was apple. And delicious!
Like I said, we had a blast! I went to Erie, PA at the end of the break to see my grandma, aunt and uncle. It was so refreshing! I just got to hang out with my grandma and help her run some errands. We cooked and she gave a run for my money more than once while playing Skip-Bo! And my aunt and uncle prepared an amazing meal for me, complete with steaks that my uncle had to shovel a path through about 15 inches of snow to grill. All because I'm a Kansas girl :) It was so nice to be around family, even if just for a couple days!

School is great, crazy as usual, but great! I love my students and am realizing how VERY much I will miss them with my internship comes to an end. Which also gets me thinking about the fact that I'll be needing a job here in about 6 months! All spare prays available, please send up for me and the job realm! I'm confident that it will all work out, it's just getting from here to there that can be rough :)

I'll end with a cute story from school. I'm walking down the hall the other day, and I see two students headed my way. One is a big kid, I'm talkin at least a head and half taller than me. The other just a little tiny guy, probably up to my shoulder. They are laughing about something, and the big kid looks down at the little one and says, "You're my beeeest friend!" and the little replied with a smile, "Your MY beeest friend!" Cutest. Thing. Ever. I love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment